Hard-Charging 50+mph Performance!
Now Includes Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) System!
We have the NEW Traxxas Bonus Edition that comes with
7.2V Battery, 2-Amp Fast Charger for EZ-Start,
Extra Glow Plug, Fuel Bottle, and Precision Tools FREE!
Top Speed & Performance!
The Nitro Rustler 2.4Ghz is the first name in high performance 2WD nitro stadium trucks. Powered by the proven performance of the TRX 2.5 Racing Engine, Nitro Rustler totally out-muscles the competition with top speeds beyond 50 mph! The TRX 2.5 also pumps out the torque for brutal, wheel-standing launches and absolutely ruthless acceleration. The all-new body design cheats the wind with its smooth curves and low-slung stance, while the outrageous new graphics dominate with style. The separate wing securely bolts to the new body with precise aluminum hex hardware. Chrome 2.8 Twin Spoke™ rims are wrapped with pre-glued Alias™ step-pin tires in the rear and Alias™ ribbed tires up front. The high-tech rubber compound ensures great grip on a variety of surfaces. New grey-molded composite parts are thoughtfully integrated to enhance the look of the chassis. Fast, light, and loaded with power, Nitro Rustler’s power-sliding, dirt roosting attitude will have you reaching for the throttle again and again.
Plus, the new Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to utilize all of the extreme power and acceleration that was engineered into the Nitro Rustler by making it easier to control on slippery surfaces, loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM senses the vehicle’s direction and makes steering corrections to provide straight-ahead, full-throttle acceleration without spinouts, fish-tailing, and loss of control.
The Most Horsepower
“Best Nitro Engine” --RC Car Action Magazine Readers’ Choice Award
Nitro Rustler’s TRX 2.5 Racing Engine is nothing short of amazing. It is the most advanced engine in its class and comes loaded with all the hottest performance hardware. The two-needle composite slide carburetor, trick porting, and free-flowing rear exhaust deliver class-leading horsepower and high-revving speeds over 50mph. Plus only Traxxas has the true push-button starting convenience and safety of the EZ-Start® Electric Starting System. Traxxas makes nitro easy so that anyone can experience the hard-charging action and intense driving excitement Nitro Rustler delivers. Hammer the throttle anywhere in the power band and Nitro Rustler responds with searing acceleration and the sound of pure, high-revving nitro power.
Built Traxxas Tough™
Nitro Rustler is not only built to perform with its adjustable slipper clutch, disc brake, and race-inspired suspension geometry, it’s also built Traxxas Tough™ for all-day driving fun. Nitro Rustler’s robust design keeps annoying breakage to a minimum so that the action can keep going on and on. The rugged 6061-T6 aluminum chassis forms a rock-solid backbone that also draws heat away from the engine. Full rubber-sealed ball bearings provide the ultimate protection and low maintenance for nitro environments. The Magnum 281™ transmission uses a planetary gear differential with built-to-last hardened steel gears. The gear diff requires no time-consuming adjustment and is virtually maintenance free. The oil-filled Ultra Shocks™ use exclusive X-ring seal technology for reduced friction and superior leak resistance. Traxxas engineers are dedicated to keeping you on the throttle, not on the workbench.
Next-Generation Traxxas 2.4GHz Technology
With the TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQi’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the Nitro Rustler’s controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
- NEW - Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) System
- TRX® 2.5 Racing Engine
- New low-profile body, new ProGraphix® paint scheme
- Alias™ tires pre-glued on Twin-Spoke™ wheels
- Powder coated white springs with gray shock bodies
- Bolt-on rear wing with aluminum hardware
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- EZ-Start® electric starting system
- Tuned pipe exhaust system
- Double deck 6061-T6 aluminum and composite chassis
- Magnum 281™ transmission with ball bearings
- Adjustable, easy-to-change gear ratios
- X-Tra long, fiber-composite, suspension arms
- Planetary differential with steel gears
- Powerful disc brake
- Telescoping, U-joint driveshafts
- X-Tra long, high-volume, oil-filled Ultra Shocks™
- Now Includes: Traxxas 2.4Ghz TQ Radio System; 7.2V Battery, 2-Amp DC Fast Charger for EZ-Start; Extra Glow Plug; Fuel Bottle; and Precision Tools
- Nitro Fuel - (20% recommended) such as Traxxas Top Fuel
- 8 "AA" Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter (4) & Receiver (4)
- Misc. Nitro Accessories, such as Tuning Screwdriver, After-Run Oil, & Other Track Equipment
- Length: 17.25 Inches (438mm)
- Front Track: 12.5 Inches (318mm)
- Rear Track: 12.375 Inches (314mm)
- Weight (no fuel): 73oz (2kg)
- Height (overall): 6 Inches (152mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.312" Long (287mm)
- Front Shock Length: Long
- Rear Shock Length: XXLong
- Wheel Diameter: 2.8" (72.4mm)
- Tires: 4.1" (105mm)
- Front Tires: Alias™ Ribbed 2.8"
- Rear Tires: Alias™ Step-Pin 2.8"
- Front Wheels: 2.8" Twin-Spoke™ Chrome
- Rear Wheels: 2.8" Twin-Spoke™ Chrome
- Gear Ratio (internal): 2.81
- Differential Type: Planetary
- Gear Pitch: 32-Pitch
- Transmission: Nitro Magnum 281™
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 2WD
- Driveshafts: Keyed Telescoping U-Joint
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Chassis Type: Double-decked
- Chassis Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Radio System: NEW TQi 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver with TSM
- Engine (fuel-powered): TRX® 2.5 Racing Engine with EZ-Start®
- Brake Type: Disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 75cc
- Top Speed: 50+mph
ACCESSORIES & EXTRAS (see options below):
- Nitro Fuel - (10-20% recommended) such as Traxxas Top Fuel
- Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter & Receiver (8 needed)
- AC to DC Power Supply Adapter (TRA2976)
- Misc. Nitro Accessories, such as Fuel Bottle, Tuning Screwdriver, After-Run Oil, & Other Track Equipment
*NOTE REGARDING COLORS: The body color you receive may differ from the image shown above. Colors are shipped to us in random assortments and we, in turn, ship the first available color to fill your order. However, if you have a specific color preference, please let us know. You can add a note in the "Order Comments" section at checkout. Sometimes it is a good idea to give us a first and second choice. If we do not have the color(s) you have requested, we will contact you with the colors that are available so you can decide how you would like to proceed. Also, you can always call our customer service team at 866-729-4940, and we can check color availability before you place the order.